Wednesday 23 August 2017

Pink Paislee Summer Lights | Hello Weekend | Guest DT Gwen Wruck

Hi Creative Friends,

It's Gwen back on the blog today with another share as this months Guest Designer.  This month I'm creating with the latest collection from Pink Paislee - Summer Lights and today I'm sharing my third page.  If you missed the first or second one, you can check them out here.


For this page, I really wanted to pull out the stunning turquoise and yellow in this collection, I was really inspired by the No 10 pattern paper which I have used as my background.


I had this sweet action shot of Miss 10 and my hubby at the beach and went about creating a little beach scene starting with a sun shape which I have cut using my Silhouette and a piece of 6x6 paper from the paper pad.



For the bottom part of the page, I wanted to create some waves, I didn't really having any cut files that would work, but then had an idea to use a border punch. There are a few in store here, and many would give you a similar effect.  I simply punched out a stack and trimmed them very thinly and layered on my page and then stitched down.  I chose different shades of the turquoise paper to simulate the waves.


Once I had the Sun and the waves in position, it was time to add my photo. I've mounted it with a scrap from my previous pages and a bright yellow sheet from the 6x6 paper pad.

It was then time to add my title, I went with a chipboard piece that says "The ocean is calling" and two more thicker stickers "Hello Weekend".  The Thicker pack is full of text that you could use as a simple and quick title to a page and they are really great value.  The page was now really coming together and just needed some finishing touches.  I chose a cute little camera, some glasses and star fish as well as some foil elements which are so fun!  I also added some clouds to the top of the page which have been fussy cut from one of the papers in the 6x6 paper pad.  I really love how this has come together.

Thanks for checking out the blog today, I've had an absolute blast creating these pages for you as part of the Guest DT and I hope you will check out the collection in store and get creating with your Summer filled photos.





You can find the entire range in the Sassy Scrappers store here.

Gwen
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10