Tuesday 21 March 2017

Magnolia Jane layout with Kylie

Hi lovelies! Kylie here again today with a layout I have created using the new 'Magnolia Jane' collection by Heidi Swapp, now in the sassy store.

This range has So.Much.Pink and florals! Of course I wanted to play with it! I wanted to create purely with paper.So I haven't used much in the way of ephemera or die cuts.I wanted to create blooms from the paper alone.I did so using just a flower punch and several flower dies.
Here is a little look at my completed layout......



Before I get to the flowers, let's talk about the background. I have fussy cut squares from the 'Georgian Charm' cardstock, distressed the edges a little before gluing them as a diamond sequence.





I also distressed and curled the edges of the background paper a little too.I used 'Flea Market' as a border piece and 'Blushed' as a background paper.It had a beautiful watercolour print to it.




Can you tell yet I love flowers?? I used three different flower  punches to create this cluster, as well as two different leaf dies. I was super happy at how it came together.I have used pearl drops and enamel dots from my stash to centre them.



One thing I always like to encourage is never skip out on the little details.If you look closely you can see some tiny little daisy flowers I punched from paper.They were so small and so fine that you could easily think they won't make that big a difference to your layout if you didn't add them.But once it all comes together you can see the effect of having them tucked in there.



To finish off I added some fine gold splatters as well as a few white.
(Note- The quote round and printed doilies were from my stash and not part of this collection.)

I hope you have enjoyed my project this week.Until next time,
Kylie xo
.P.S. Below are the products featured in this layout, available via the website.















No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10