Friday 4 November 2016

Nae | 12x12 Layout - Crate Paper Gather

Hey Lovelies, its Nae here, jumping in for my very very first happy blog post for the Sassy Scrapper blog. Can I just say just how super excited I am to be working with Olga and the beautiful team at Sassy Scrapper and I cant wait to show you all the amazingly beautiful things I create this month using all the deliciousness that is in the Sassy store. 

Today I am experimenting with the beautiful Gather Collection by Crate Paper and the amazingly awesome cut files from The Cut Shoppe. 


So something you probably don't know about me, I am a lover of Christmas. Christmas is the one holiday a year I actually really get into creatively, decorating the tree, wrapping presents, baking, and then there is all the family time... Its just the best thing ever. Unfortunately, that is where the celebrations stop. Don't get me wrong, I do document Christmas in my albums, but I don't tend to select Christmas themed papers when scrapping these moments. 


So, I decided to take the challenge of scrapping a "Christmas" themed layout a little further and decided to use a holiday themed specific paper collection for a different holiday. The Crate Paper Gather collection by Maggie Holmes is predominately a thanksgiving, autumn themed collection and being in Australia this time of year, we are not in autumn and we don't celebrate thanksgiving. The collection has a heap of mint greens, oranges and coral pinks. I felt it was the perfect combination for this adorable Christmas layout. 


We were also really lucky this month to play with some amazing The Cut Shoppe cut files and a super cute exclusive cut file made especially for Sassy Shoppers! How exciting is that!! I decided to go with one of the beautiful Christmas tress from the Deck the Halls cut file collection. The cut file has three beautifully different Christmas trees, giving you plenty of options when it comes to your creative projects. 


Once I had cut out the beautiful tree, that looks a little bit like an advent calendar with all those cute little doors, I backed it with a variety of different papers from the collection. When I had finished, I felt the tree just looked a little bare and definitely needed some decorations. I pulled out my sewing machine and stitched gold threaded tinsel in a zig zag across my entire tree. On every point, I added either a gold sequin, gold star, or silver bling from my stash to add a little bauble bling to may page. 


I layered a lot of ephemera and white pieces from my stash to build up the layers behind my photo. I love how these autumn like leaves now feel very Chrismassy, almost like the sunburnt leaves we have on our trees in the heat of summer, or the large mistletoe leaves on a Christmas tree.  The one thing I really wanted to take away from this little challenge I made for myself was to not be limited by the theme set within a collection. Ephemera and other themed products are always open to interpretation.


With all the action happening in the bottom right hand side of the page, I needed to add a little something to the top left corner to even things out a little. I used some offcuts of more leaves from the ephemera pack along with a word sticker and some enamel dots just to add a little interest. 


I hope you enjoyed this little layout and learnt a few little tips on how to use not only your cut files, but theme specific papers within a different theme. I would love it if you also could jump down and check out my process video for the layout where you can watch me create this entire layout from start to finish. 


Thank you so much for all the love Lovelies! I will be back soon with another fun project for you all. Love always, Nae xoxo

Products from the Sassy store...
Crate Paper - Maggie Holmes - Gather - Blush Paper
Crate Paper - Maggie Holmes - Gather - So Sweet Paper
Crate Paper - Maggie Holmes - Gather - Sunshine Paper
Crate Paper - Maggie Holmes - Gather - Ephemera
Crate Paper - Maggie Holmes - Gather - Accent Stickers
American Crafts - Dear Lizzy - Fine and Dandy - Thickers
Products from The Cut Shoppe...
Deck the Halls - Cut file
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10