Friday 4 December 2015

Christmas Grilling

Hello Sassy friends!

At this time of the year, lots of people are ask what we are going to be doing for Christmas. Being far away from most of our family, we usually start with a nice breakfast and then relax together while the BBQ takes care of our traditional lunch of slow cooked lamb leg and a whole chicken. The kids get to enjoy playing with their gifts and I usually end up in the hammock with a good read. Jolly blissful indeed!


I've used Pink Paislee's Yuletide for this page. I wanted to carry the BBQ theme across, so I created a little cut file using my Silhouette Cameo and backed the lower half with some 'Baked Goods' and for the flames, I've used some corrugated gold glitter cardstock. The white positive cardstock cuts have been raised on foam tape for a bit of added depth.


The Yuletide ephemera pack has so many useful bits and pieces. Personally, I love the mix of clear and paper die cuts. The foil touches add a sense of luxury. Adhering the acrylic shapes can be tricky sometimes, especially if you don't want the adhesive to show through. I will place a sticky dot in an inconspicuous spot (like under the print if it has one) or alternatively, you can use a product like Scrapbook Adhesives Adhesive Sheets. You simply place the embellishment onto the sticker layer, cover with the non-stick paper, rub then lift away.


I've mixed up a little bit of stamping with some cute Foiled Words. These are semi transparent and so pretty. I was trying to get my stamp lined straight on my block, but the edges kept turning up, so I totally just went with a wonky style and bent it into a curve instead. A cute way to use a long phrase.


Wishing you a bright and merry weekend!

Chantalle
xoxo





1 comment:

  1. Your traditional lunch is awesome, and this layout is sooo great to illustrate it ! thanks for sharing ! For me it's strange, because here it's winter and I can assure you we cannot do barbecue on our terrasse lol !! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

09 10