Monday 10 August 2015

Project Life | Week 23...

Hello Sassy Friends!  Welcome to Project Life Monday! Up on the blog today I am sharing more Simple Stories: Summer Vibes and Coco Vanilla Studios: Made of Awesome.
 
 
My Week 23 was a merger with Week 22. We had a long weekend of sporting events which flowed over onto the Monday of this week. But instead of cramming it all into last Week's spread, I was happy to focus on the things we did on the Monday and left all the hockey tournament details together in the previous week.  If that makes sense! *grin*
 
 
After all the hockey games were completed, we drove back to the beach to check out this really long pier! What I love most when putting together this spread, is how much the Simple Stories 4x6 Sn@p card reminds me of the wooden planks on the pier.
 
 
 
The last two lines on the card referred to a summer story but as we are in the middle of Winter, I covered it up with the weekly title. These tiny alphas, also woodgrain patterned, are perfect from the Made of Awesome stickers.
 
My journaling for this particular day, was split to roll over into two pockets. It also helps that it repeats the look of the journaling strips from the title pocket. A theme I continued on both pages.
 
 
 
Of course, once the Monday was documented, it wasn't to say we were sports free for the rest of the week. Oh no! Not a chance! *grin* And... I did warn you last week that there were a large number of sporting photos coming! Sorry about that! Week 23 is mostly about recording my youngest boys' school Athletic/Sporting Carnival. Yay!
 

After a big day of running, jumping and playing obstacle coarse games, my five year old came home from school wearing this paper ribbon.  His teacher always puts in 110% effort to make her kids feel special and this is only one example of what she does for the students.  Each child walked out of the classroom wearing theirs proudly! How could I not include it in this weekly spread.


 
The Simple Stories collection has the most gorgeous bits and pieces. I've used them throughout the spread to help record the stories. At first glance it could be hard to use summer related products during winter, but I've used them in a more individual sense. See the photo below..
 
 
This photo was taken at half time. For me, oranges and sport naturally go together. And at half time, there's usually opportunity for these boys to gulp down as much water as they can before going back out onto the turf! LOL! This summery water jar = ideal embellishment for a sporting event.
 
 
And the star bits and pieces are always versatile! This time I've teamed it up with a quick row of machine stitching and a wood veneer heart.
 
In the next pocket, I've layered patterned paper & stickers from the Made of Awesome collection. Initially I look at the colour story when choosing embellishments and then sort by the pre-printed phrases. Sometimes I luck out and get the best of both worlds! And I never shy away from adding flowers where my boys are concerned! *grin*
 

Finally, to finish up this week's spread, I've added the weekly dates using some fun Jillibean Soup alphabeans. Another small touch of machine stitching also helps kick up the texture on the page, a notch.


 
That's it for another week.  Please come back next week as I share a quick tutorial on including bulky ephemera in your Project Life pockets. Thanks so much for visiting today..x
 
Sassy Supplies:
 
Made of Awesome Accessories Stickers 6x12 Made of Awesome Alphabet Stickers 6x12 Made of Awesome Mixed Up Paper 12x12
Summer Vibes Bits and Pieces Summer Vibes Sn@p Cards  Jillibean Soup Blended Black Alphas
Wood Flourishes Hearts 
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10