Tuesday 16 December 2014

Project Life | Week 50...

Hi Everyone!  Welcome to Project Life, Documenting December!  This week I am playing with the fabulous Sassy Scrapper December PL kit which is on sale right now! Today I am sharing my Project Life | Week 50, December 8 - 14.
 
 
 
Once again we found ourselves juggling another busy week... does it ever slow down at this time of year?  *grin* Not only did I have to balance documenting the end of school year, my son's Year 6 school captain duties and Christmas activities but also a birthday celebration and a sad farewell.
 
 
So many varied events in the span of one week.  I am so glad that the colours and tones in the December Project Life kit are versatile and can accommodate another photo heavy spread.  However, because it is December and preparing for Christmas is on my mind at the moment, I have been able to subtly communicate this with embellishment touches.
 
 
Journaling was added directly to 3"x4" patterned paper cards, which were slightly altered to suit the pocket they slipped into.
 
 
The journaling card has also been embellished with layers of gorgeous ephemera, glitter stars and enamel dots.
 

.....................................................

 
On page two, I had to include a QR Code of my son giving his speech to his fellow classmates.  I love this feature as a PL element.  These codes can literally bring your pages to life!  If you are not familiar with these codes, check out the blog post here.
 
 
I opened and resized two photos and the QR Code in Photoshop to create a simple 4"x6" photo. No extra embellishments needed with this custom made photo collage.
 
 
The filler cards this week are also from the Teresa Collins 3"x4" cards patterned paper.  The tree card was simply layered with a banner from the Pretty Little Studio collection.  Not only is the red colour the perfect pop on the page, but the title leads the eye to the series of journaling on either side.
 

 
To ground my spread and to have a cohesive flow across the two pages, the black glitter "holiday" sentiment is layered directly on top of photo details.  Another little reminder th my children starting their Summer school holidays.
 
 
 
Don't forget to visit the Sassy Store to grab your December Project Life kit today.  Documenting December just got a whole lot easier..x
 
 
http://sassyscrapper.com.au/catalog.php?item=8593
Photobucket

1 comment:

09 10