Monday 10 November 2014

Project Life | Week 42...

Hello Friends!  Welcome back to Project Life Monday!  It's Leanne here today to share with you Week 42 | October 13 - 19.
 
I have to be honest with you.  Do you see that pumpkin laden photo on the second page of my spread? I really wanted the photo to stay in colour and be included in this week's PL.  It became the inspiration to creating this whole spread.  Yep.  I am that crazy some days!  So what's a girl to do, when faced with needing to include the pumpkin orange colour scheme, to create the spread she has in mind?  She resorts to searching the gorgeous Heidi Swapp September Skies collection for anything orange hued and guess what? It was there!
 

Tiny amounts of it dispersed throughout the collection and that is all I need when I have a vision in my head!
...........................................

 
Firstly I started with the September Skies Ephemera Pieces.  I gathered and arranged three flower images, all meeting the colour requirement.  The layers are subtle against the polkadot background and the transparency adds a touch of elegance without overwhelming the space of the pocket.
 

 
I then went back to last month's selection of goodies from the Sassy Shop and added the Teresa Collins decorative stickers.  The colour match is perfect and therefore when that happens, I'm not afraid to mix it up with different manufacturers! *grin*
 

 Even the Echo Park Photo Freedom stickers seem to have included the same colour family in their images.
 
 
A documenting technique this week has me opening my 4x6 photo in Photoshop to crop and place on a white background.  Most of my photos for Week 42 are very busy.  And colourful!  The white space not only allows the eye to rest when scanning the PL spread, but it allowed me to create a space for journaling.  As most all of my journaling is typed using my typewriter, I found a font on the computer which is similar and wouldn't look out of place on my page.
 
 
Even with the pumpkins in mind, I couldn't and wouldn't be exclusive to the colour orange.  The collection of pinks in the September Skies range is way too pretty to pass on.  One of my filler cards uses three hand cut butterflies, placed in an ombre order.

 
Since I was on a hand cutting agenda, I also created two speech bubbles from the mini paper pad.  The corners were rounded but before doing so, a small triangle notch was fashioned.  The top speech bubble was then mounted on foam dots for dimension.
 
............................................................
 

 
The photo which sparked the my PL process this week, contains the weekly dates. A Studio Calico label sticker adds just the right amount of white to the photo while the grey and pink banner softens the bright orange glow of the pumpkins stack.
 

 
Writing on photos, or in this case, typing directly on my photo was in part to balance the look of Photoshop journaling from the first page.  The puffy sicker arrow and the navy blue alphas provide a visual triangle on the overall spread.
 

 
When I saw this dog shaped ephemera in the September Skies pack, I created this cheeky filler card.  Coincidently, timing couldn't be better for its use this week.  We received a friendly notice from one of our neighbours letting us know that our dog likes to bark while we are away from the house.  It is all a part of documenting the good, the bad and sometimes embarrassing.  It also gave me an opportunity to introduce a little more orange and another speech bubble.
 

 
Sticker word strips were also my friends this week!
 

 
 
To finish off my spread for Week 42, I felt like I hadn't journaled everything that needed to be said.  However, I didn't want to create more chaos on my spread by filling every available space.  I created a secret pocket to place journaling cards.
 


The front of the paper pocket had a circle notch trimmed to the top centre and then mounted on thin strips of foam tape to allow easy access for the note card to slip behind.
  
 
 
Thanks for visiting today and don't forget to get your supplies from the shop to help you create more PL stories. See you next week..x
 
 
September Skies Beautiful Bouquet Paper 12x12
September Skies Dusk Paper 12x12
September Skies 6x6 inch Paper Pad
 
September Skies Word Strips
September Skies Ephemera Pieces
Photo Freedom V2 Element Stickers
 
Jillibean Soup Newberg Navy Alphas
 
Studio Calico Label Stickers
 
Necessities Adhesive Teal Enamel Shapes 30/Pkg
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10