Monday 6 October 2014

Project Life | Week 37...

Hi Everyone and welcome to Project Life Monday!  It's Leanne here today, sharing with you Week 37 | September 08 - 14.
 
 
This week I am continuing to play with the gorgeous Teresa Collins Designs Nine & Co and have teamed it up with more of Crate Paper's Notes & Things collection.  I really love the colour palette these two collections bring  to Project Life.
 
 
Initially I had created my spread with my standard choice pockets - Becky Higgins Design A. But after seeing that I still had a number of photos and stories for Week 37 that were not yet included, I added a small insert.
 
 
 
 
The insert is designed to hold three 4"x4" PL cards, photos or journaling.  The photo below shows both the front and reverse sides of the insert.
 

Our Week 37 was relatively simple.  Cake baking, family gatherings and more sports for the boys.

 
It is because of the simplicity of our week, my photos are clean and simple as well. For my PL spread however, I wanted to create certain areas of interest through textured and clustered layers.  The title pocket is a combination of stickers, PL journaling cards, fussy cutting and alpha stickers.  There's even a small line of stitching thrown in as well!
 
 
The pocket that contains the weekly dates has been treated in the same manner as the title pocket.  The layers are clustered together creating shadows, drawing the eye to the beautiful patterned papers and gold foil sticker.
 
 
Alternatively on the same page, where my Instagram photos have been printed out and left with large, white spaced borders, I have avoided paper clusters and continued to leave the photos clean and clutter free.  A single sticker embellishment is all they need to be cohesive with the rest of the spread.
 


 ..............................................................

 
On page two, I've used a black and white photo to avoid colour clashes with photos from my son's soccer game.  But the strawberries on a neutral background repeat the colours found in the patterned papers, stickers and embellishments.  The 'hello' speech bubble was fussy cut from a larger colour block from this paper found here.  I layered it on top of a Studio Calico label and then ran the entire photo through my typewriter.
 
 
The filler card from the Notes & Things journaling cards pack, was layered with a sticker sentiment from the same collection.
 
 
To finish my spread and create my third cluster area, I have added a small cut apart from the larger Crate Paper patterned paper.  I have trimmed the paper piece into two and adhered it to two pockets but kept it aligned with each other so it doesn't look out of place.
 


I love using patterned paper such as Crate Paper: Memo Paper (see below),  that offers plenty of options for PL.  Each section can be individually cut to create clusters and layers.  Using the patterned paper for 4x6 or 3x4 pockets can only limit (in my opinion) the creative process.  Why not take advantage of what the paper is suggesting!  LOL! Hand cutting the word strips also allows for little imperfections to add character to your spreads. Thanks for visiting..x
 
Notes and Things Memo Paper 12x12
 
Notes and Things Honest  Paper 12x12
 
Nine and Co Cards Paper 12x12
 
Notes and Things Journalling Cards
 
Notes and Things Journalling and Title Accent Stickers
 
Backorder Nine and Co Wood Dots
 
Kaisercraft Coral Alphas
 
Studio Calico Label Stickers
 
Photobucket

2 comments:

09 10