Friday 17 October 2014

Christmas Gift ideas - part 2

Hello Sassy Friends!

So glad you are joining me again today, as I share some more 
festive gift ideas you can make ahead of time, like these bottleneck talkers
Don't feel you need to be limited to just wine. You can do up one of these 
for a gorgeous marinade or a nice bottle of olive oil!

What's really nice about these is that you can use up bits 
and pieces, as they don't need a whole lot of paper.

1. Simply cut a strip of paper
The length will need to be adjusted according to how tall the
bottle or jar is. Fold over a smaller section at the top.
(This will again, depend on how large your gift is.)
2. Figure out what size hole you need and cut it out
(This Fiskars shape cutter is super useful as it gives you 
lots of size options on one template.)
3. Embellish!

As you can see, I have created three different types.
This one uses Deck the Halls and Red Flurries/Stripes paper and Bits & Pieces.
The word Thanks has been cut on my Silhouette machine (Cream flurries/stripes).

I have wound a length of patterned paper, some American Crafts glitter tape and some twine around the neck. As a final flourish, I have added an Epiphany Crafts charm (which was just a 25mm punched circle from one of the patterned papers. Pop an epoxy sticker on the top and set inside a circle charm.)


If you want to pop in a little something extra, this one 
uses a Sn@p Pocket as a gift card holder!
Embellish with a cute bow (Silhouette cut file), Chipboard stickers and Bit & Pieces


The neck is very simply some rustic twine.

This custom label bottle is my favourite of the three!
(The recipient can still tell what the varietal is as there is more info on the original back label.)

I've simply machine stitched some detail onto a rectangular piece of paper and then adhered some mini labels from the die cuts pack.
The ampersand was cut on my Silhouette and I then heat embossed it with American Crafts gold glitter powder as I didn't have any gold glitter paper!
The clean and simple design is finished off with some 
red seam binding and a little die cut shape.
I hope you will give this idea a go. I figure, if they don't drink wine, 
they can always take it to a Christmas get together! If you make one, please 
tag us in your photos, we would love to see!

Thanks so much for joining me. I will be back again next Friday 
with another fun idea. Happy crafting!

Chantalle



1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for your explanations, that's a really great idea, for gift, or to decorate the table of our guests !! love this !!

    ReplyDelete

09 10