Monday 6 May 2013

Make Your Own 'Project Life' Kit

Hi everyone! It's Sam Hauzer here, with another layout from my Project Life album. Olga sent me the most gorgeous DT Kit, full of beautiful Websters Pages patterned papers and journaling cards, flair buttons and washi tape, and although the papers weren't made specifically with Project Life/Photo Freedom style scrapbooking in mind, I'm going to show you just how easy it is to make them that way.

I decided to use the Echo Park Photo Freedom photo sleeve that has a space for six 6x4 photos. I had four photos that I wanted to use, so I just needed to whip up a couple of inserts for the remaining two spots. It was as easy as cutting two pieces of the patterned paper into 6x4 pieces, and grabbing a couple of journalling cards that went with my theme.


Now for the fun part - decorating!! Washi tape has to be one of my favourite things to use at the moment. Its just so quick and easy to put a quick strip of colour onto your projects. I also added a couple of strips of the striped patterned paper, a journalling card, sticker, and a gorgeous flair button. I've popped my photo up on a bit of foam tape for extra dimension, and drawn around all my elements with a black pen.



I love using a black pen to draw around my papers and alpha stickers. It really gives everything that bit of extra definition to make it stand out just right, and gives it a bit more of a handmade look.


So once I'd finished my two little insert cards, it was time to add those and the photos to the Echo Park Photo Freedom photo sleeve. I added some washi tape and stickers to the photos as well, which is great for adding a bit more interest to the page.



So don't ever feel limited by the products that are available for this type of scrapping. If you can't find exactly what you want, just make your own! 

Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Sam this looks fabulous and it's a great way to display more than one photo.

    ReplyDelete

09 10